Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blog Number 4

Blog Number 4
Hola!
                WHEW! Finally a more relaxing day!  Today we are going to visit the University of Costa Rica and going to the National Museum of Costa Rica.  My first impression of the campus of UCR was wow! What a gorgeous campus!...but then I took a closer look and saw that it was very dirty and there was a lot of graffiti and trash!  I was especially surprised by the trash because of Costa Rica’s attempt to go green.  I was also a little shocked because our campus at ASU is very clean and we aren’t even the greenest campus.  The butterfly garden we visited was absolutely magical and the courtyard in the middle of the economics building was gorgeous and open and totally unexpected.
                The museum really wasn’t as interesting as I thought it was going to be.  I think in the US we put a lot more time and effort into creating a museum with a lot of interesting things and a lot of information about everything.  I thought it was a lot larger than it actually was, but the exhibits really weren’t very extensive.  When we first went in, I couldn’t figure out why it was so cheap , but then I realized how few exhibits there were and thought maybe that was why.  All in all though, it was a nice visit compared to business visits and was also right next to a great market!

No comments:

Post a Comment